Who are we?
SmartAction exists to advance the AI movement, bridging the gap between what is, and what can be. We are a fully remote company that provides AI-powered virtual agents as a service to more than 100 leading brands across 12 industries. We are headquartered in Dallas/Fort-Worth, TX.
Our company is continuing to grow its proprietary products and feature sets while leveraging best-of-breed technologies to deliver efficient, scalable solutions to our clients and their end customers. This is an excellent career opportunity for a professional with an entrepreneurial mindset and good interpersonal skills.
- Serves as a servant-leader of the team, facilitating Agile Ceremonies: Daily Scrum, Grooming, and Retrospectives.
- Coaches team members on Agile practices, frameworks, and effective use of JIRA as needed.
- Proactively assists with mitigation of issues and impediments.
- Monitors team effectiveness through performance indicators velocity, backlog health, burndown metrics, and task definition.
- Facilitates Root Cause Analysis discussions in order to identify proactive measures to prevent future problems.
- Regularly meet with project managers, technical account managers, and support to maintain and refine the product backlog, ensuring they are prepared for sprints to come.
- Communicate actively and effectively with engineers, QA, and product stakeholders as needed to enforce effective cross-departmental collaboration including technical discussions.
- 3-5+ years of experience as a Scrum Master, preferable for software products or initiatives
- Possess the ability to work with and influence a wide range of stakeholders across all roles and levels (IT, Product Development, etc.)
- Deep understanding of agile metrics (tasks, backlog tracking, burndown metrics, velocity, user stories etc.) to analyze and improve sprint planning
- Experience in working and communicating effectively as a part of a team, balancing needs across stakeholders and technology teams
- Experience in managing complex software development projects and teams; effectively negotiate/influence others; communicate technical/complex information both verbally and in writing to all audiences; analyze and problem solve a variety of issues; carry out project planning activities
- SAFe Scrum Master or Scrum Master certification (Ideal)
Candidates must be eligible to work in the US. We do not provide sponsorship for employment visas.
Are you the person we are looking for?
SmartAction is looking for people to join our culture who exemplify Grit, are Unconventional, can be Audacious, and have Curiosity. If you are a driven individual who represents these core values and is not afraid to roll up their sleeves and take initiative, you might be the person we are looking for.
We are happy to provide a competitive benefits package to our full-time employees, including unlimited PTO, Health, Vision and Dental insurance, 401K, generous paid holidays, stock options, employee recognition awards, active (remote) social events, casual work environment, flexible working arrangements and more.