Who are we?
SmartAction exists to advance the AI movement, bridging the gap between what is, and what can be. We are a fully remote company of people that provides AI-powered virtual agents as a service to more than 100 leading brands across 12 industries. We are headquartered in Dallas/Fort Worth, TX.
Our company is continuing to grow its proprietary products and feature sets while leveraging best-of-breed technologies to deliver efficient, scalable solutions to our clients and their end customers. This is an excellent career opportunity for a professional with an entrepreneurial mindset and good interpersonal skills.
The Head of Sales and Business Development is responsible for developing a sales strategy that significantly increases sales for both existing and new customers. The VP will have a track record of hiring, training, and leading a SaaS B2B Sales team during a high growth period. This is a key Executive role on the Leadership team.
Responsibilities include developing and implementing an annual Sales Plan and building organizational capacity to achieve those goals. The VP will also provide personal Sales leadership for their team at targeted prospects and selected existing customers. The VP is a key part of the company leadership team charged with creating the culture, strategy, and plans necessary to continue to grow company revenue to drive significant top and bottom-line growth. Travel is an essential part of this position. The VP must interface effectively with customers, strategic partners, and the other members of the SmartAction leadership team.
Support current top customers and prospect for new customers, which includes:
- Working with the current sales representatives at their top customers to grow profitable revenue
- Identifying prospects that meet targeted company criteria
- Establishing a pipeline and metrics for new business opportunities
- Provide regular reports to the leadership team of sales opportunity status, competitive landscape changes and emerging client needs/opportunities
- Building relationships. Ability to partner with the CEO in developing relationships with executives in client companies
- Ability and willingness to step in and deliver C-suite presentations when necessary (to assist the sales rep on the account)
Develop the organizational capacity of the Sales team to deliver the company forecast, which includes:
- Develop processes for sales/business development leading to a closeable pipeline
- Upskilling current Sales team and hire and develop future Sales team members
- Identifying key skill training needs for the organization and for individuals on the team
Develop an annual sales plan to establish business priorities and volume expectations by key customer
- Development of a formal sales process including forecasting and reporting
- Initiate an annual business review planning process with the largest customers
- Initiate a customer business development planning process that reapplies good ideas, and encourages customers to achieve breakthrough results and report back to customers in terms of ROI
- An inspiring leader who can motivate the sales organization to meet/exceed their sales objectives
- Lead change as needed to ensure industry/current best practices
- Ensure company policies and procedures are followed
- Technologically proficient with Microsoft products including PowerPoint and CRM products.
Works well with others
- Identify specific process improvement with Engineering to find ways to work more effectively with accounts including new forecasting/pipeline management models
- Strong leader, with proven ability to get along well with a variety of people
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to prioritize multiple tasks and interact with multiple stakeholders.
- Self-motivator who can work in the detail and see the big picture
Classically trained sales management executive who started their career at a world-class technology company and has successfully transitioned to a smaller more entrepreneurial environment in the Tech space selling SaaS B2B.
The ideal candidate will have experience developing long and short-term go-to-market/sales strategies, will have experience building a team, and have a track record of delivering sustained revenue and profit growth.
- Strategic Sales and Business leader with experience operating at a level of setting sales, channel, and business strategies and creating structure, work processes, and metrics to deliver the strategies.
- Ability to select and hire excellent people
- Experience in putting together and managing a solid formal sales training program
- Leadership and a proven track record of coaching and developing sales talent
- Ability to drive consistent sales and profit growth year-over-year
- Experience with long sales cycles and moving deals to closure
- Experience with formal business planning and customer feedback information and analysis
- Ability to use and leverage technology and integrate it into the work processes
- Strong strategic planning, analytical and problem-solving skills
Personal Qualities and Skills:
- Strong leader of internal resources to build and execute sales and growth strategies
- Hunter/business building orientation
- Strategic and analytical thinker who can interpret data and take appropriate action on trends
- A problem solver who will take ownership of issues and hold themself accountable for making changes to improve the business
- Engaging; someone who can attract and serve as a role model for professional salespeople
- Personally fast-paced, exhibits vitality, a builder who makes things happen, not just a steward or a farmer
- Has a record of achievement and improving both top and bottom-line businesses
- Adaptable – will use prior experience but is not tied to it as the only way to do things
- High integrity, trustworthy
- Insightful – able to apply experience and instincts to a situation to be able to read it correctly
- Ability to instill discipline in process and activity across the sales organization
- Undergraduate degree in Business or related discipline.
The candidate must be eligible to work in the US. We do not provide sponsorship for employment visas.
Are you the person we are looking for?
SmartAction is looking for people to join our culture who exemplify Grit, are Unconventional, can be Audacious, and have Curiosity. If you are a driven individual who represents these core values and is not afraid to roll up their sleeves and take initiative, you might be the person we are looking for.
We are happy to provide a competitive benefits package to our full-time employees, including unlimited PTO, Health, Vision, and Dental insurance, 401K, generous paid holidays, stock options, employee recognition awards, active (remote) social events, casual work environment, flexible working arrangements and more.