Who are we?
SmartAction exists to advance the AI movement, bridging the gap between what is, and what can be. We are a fully remote company of ~70 people that provides AI-powered virtual agents as a service to more than 100 leading brands across 12 industries. We are headquartered in Dallas/Fort-Worth, TX. Our company is continuing to grow its proprietary products and feature sets while leveraging best-of-breed technologies to deliver efficient, scalable solutions to our clients and their end customers. This is an excellent career opportunity for a professional with an entrepreneurial mindset and good interpersonal skills.
- Manage the health and happiness of a book of existing client business, likely across a range of industries and use cases
- Collaborate across the organization to ensure success for each client, working closely with Product, Sales, and Operations to deliver that outcome
- Drive our account renewal process to minimize churn, with incentives to increase renewal tenure and dollar volume
- Storyboard and deliver periodic account and application reviews with the goal of ensuring stakeholder buy-in on our product and working with sales to identify growth opportunities
- Strategize within our existing sales process on how to bring well-qualified current client opportunities to the Sales Executive, handing these opportunities off with detailed information upon qualification
Manage Client Relationships
- Take ownership of assigned accounts immediately post-sale, shepherding through application development, go-live, and into production, prioritizing understanding what drives their business and how we can best partner with them to deliver
- Act as the “voice of the customer” in internal conversations
- Collaborate with the client and internal stakeholders to determine the client’s key metrics to determine success, and work with our Customer Insights team or independently to report against these on an ongoing basis
- Establish and maintain a trusted advisor relationship with your book of clients, both at the Project Manager level and the Executive level, with the goal of making all our existing clients referenceable and ready to stand on a conference stage and sing our praises
- Take point on other special projects as needed to foster better relationships with our clients
The ideal candidate will possess a record of accomplishment with proven business orientation. In addition, the ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor's Degree
- High level of attention to detail, excellent organizational skills, and ability to prioritize demands and meet deadlines
- Proactive, with the ability to motivate and align stakeholders from other departments to make progress on complex, multi-dimensional issues
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Candidate should be hands on - not afraid to wear multiple hats - no job being too small or too large
- 4 or more years of progressive experience in Customer Success, Account Management, Sales, Client Services, or other closely related fields with a high level of client exposure
- Experience working side-by-side with executive level stakeholders to solve complex business problems in a variety of industries
Other Personal Characteristics:
- Individual who exemplifies SmartAction’s core values; Grit, Unconventional, Audacious, and Curious
- Intelligent, bright, conceptual thinker and a quick learner with the ability to quickly assess a situation and generate new insights and usable ideas.
- A leader as well as a team player who takes responsibility for results
- Ability to positively influence others to achieve goals
- Good chemistry and fit with the firm’s culture; a constructive positive attitude; mature and self-confident; a consensus builder and team player.
- Creative and curious, able to develop new and innovative solutions to complex problems
- Outstanding reputation of professional integrity with the potential to be personally credible within the organization
The candidate must be eligible to work in the US. We do not provide sponsorship for employment visas.
Are you the person we are looking for?
SmartAction is looking for people to join our culture who exemplify Grit, are Unconventional, can be Audacious, and have Curiosity. If you are a driven, experienced Customer Success Manager who represents these core values and is not afraid to roll up their sleeves and take initiative, you might be the person we are looking for. We are happy to provide a competitive benefits package to our full-time employees, including unlimited PTO, Health, Vision and Dental insurance, 401K, generous paid holidays, stock options, employee recognition awards, active (remote) social events, casual work environment, flexible working arrangements and more.